Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Huge Los Angeles Beauty Con Haul! + BeautyCon LA experience of Day 1!




My latest video is now out! Tons of you guys wanted to see what goodies I got from BeautyCon this year. I'd like to take this time and tell you about my experience as well!

I flew out to Los Angeles by myself, I was so excited that the day before I decided I wasn't going to sleep. This way, I'd sleep my way through the flight and by the time I woke up, I would have arrived. My boarding time was around 5 am, therefore I woke my parents up around 3 to drive me to JFK airport (since I'm a New Yorker). I have to admit, since it was my first time flying on an airplane by myself, I was quite scared but also excited to be independent for once. I checked in, and I was literally the only one at the gate. Guess I was so excited that I went too early haha.

Waiting for boarding started making me sleepy, which was perfect because once the plane took off, I instantly went to sleep. Guess what, I woke up as we were landing. Haha, how lucky am I? I completely slept through the whole flight with no time in between.


I met up with my lovely friends, Morgan, Michella, and Jeanine who I met through YouTube. At first to a regular human being, you might think it's a bit weird people meeting through YouTube but for YouTubers, this is quite normal. (plus I met Morgan and Michella at first in New York for an event.)


I also have a NEW vlogging channel. Since I vlogged my whole Los Angeles trip, I will be posting the vlogs up so you can experience it as well :)

Here's the link to my first vlog!



As you see, we wasted no time! LAX is fairly close to a IN-and-OUT, a burger place that's famous in LA, inexpensive, and delicious! after burgers, we headed to The Grove.

Quick little story (as if this post couldn't get longer right?)
I always tell Nat, "we are going to move to LA together, let's transfer schools and both go to college in Cali) I jokingly went on google maps, searched The Grove (cause I don't know many places in LA haha only the hotspots) and looked for a place that was quite appealing. 
I sent her the link of it and told her, "this is the place we are going to live in, it's settled. We are going to get groceries at Whole Foods, shop at The Grove, buy furniture at Ikea, and live happily ever after." We joked about it for a while (and still do, mark my words. I will make my way to LA and bring Nat if it's the last thing I do.)

Once I arrived, we walked around. The Grove is so pretty, it felted like a dream. I couldn't believe I was in LA! We stopped by Forever21, I've gotta say, It was quite disappointing. NYC has a lot of chain stores where as Cali is more famous for their boutiques. So this F21, was 1/4 the size of the ones I usually go to in NY. F21 is where I met my first LA follower! If you are reading this, then Hi! :) haha. A lovely girl came up to me and asked for a picture, let's keep in mind I was wearing a comfortable airplane outfit and makeup that was 10+ hours old. Gross, yeah I know. The girls wanted to go to Brandy Melville since they have never went there. So, we drove down to Third Street Promenade. 

Everywhere we passed pretty much looks like a poster board. Such beautiful weather. Hot, but not humid and during the night, it actually gets pretty chilly. THE PERFECT WEATHER FOR ME.
Third St. Promenade was beautiful. beauuuuutiful. The Brandy Melville there was MASSIVE. In Manhattan, we have a Brandy Melville, but it is NOTHING compared to this one. Our small little boutique was probably 1/3 of the size of this store. It ranged such a big variety from the earlier pieces to the latest pieces to the collection. I ended up picking up a crop top, a skirt, and a sailor ring for Natalie.

By this time, the clock was ticking, we had to leave ASAP to check in the hotel and head to the Youtube Space. We check in the hotel, we stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel which had an AMAZING view of the pool. Sadly, we didn't have enough time to go to the pool because of how packed our schedule was. :(

We change and get ready to head to industry night at the Youtube Space. Now, if you told me last year that posting a couple of mirror pictures on Instagram of my outfit of the days was going to get me invited to the YOUTUBE SPACE IN LA. I would have laughed in your face and told you to up the doses of your meds. It was so surreal to be at place where I only saw in Youtube videos by some of the top creators. Right as I got close to the entrance, I met Jen, Frmheadtotoe. She was so sweet and genuine. Then I was bombarded with many youtubers, I was so happy to meet some of them. Such as CarliBel55, Clothesencounters (Jenn Im), Charismastar (Charis), Elle and Blair Fowler (Allthatglitters21 & Juicystar07) (and when Elle said she knew my channel, I flipped of joy), thatsHeart (Heart, we talked before so she already knew me), GregoryGORGEOUS (Greg), Wendyslookbook (Wendy), ohhaiclarie (Clarie), annaandjesse (Anna and Jesse), IlikeWeylie (Weylie) and many others! 

I've gotta say, when someone you look up to, says they have seen your channel and videos.. It is such a humbling experience. I met so many amazing people and we became such good friends. I was also able to see one of the Instagram friends I had for the longest time, Naomi who was really sweet and kind in person as she is in social media. 

After mingling and watching a few panels, We decided it was time to go since we were absolutely exhausted. We picked up Jack in the Box, ate back at the hotel, washed up, and slept. 

So, that pretty much rounds up day 1 of my Los Angeles trip. Hahaha, pretty intense for one day. 
Stay tuned for the rest of the days and check out Natalie's College experience and Dorming tips thats coming out really soon. 

Follow this blog so it's easier to keep in touch!
Christina 
x

1 comment:

  1. How Mr Benjamin Lee service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to Mr Benjamin service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to this funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 5 working days just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% rate and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact this funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on { 247officedept@gmail.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.  

    ReplyDelete